Monday, February 9, 2009

Guess what?

Today was appointment #2 for Jenn.

We were going to get to hear the baby's heart beat. We got to the doctor's office. Jenn was nervous. She didn't know what to expect.

Scale. Down 3 pounds.

Inside the room. A part of me was excited, part of me nervous, 100% of me was ready to capture the sound of a tiny heartbeat on my voice recorder so I could have it forever.

Doppler heartbeat goo, then the heartbeat monitor. Nothing but Jenn's pounding heart.

The doctor left to get a ultra sound machine. Jenn and I intently looked at the monitor on the machine. I don't know if we thought we were going to know what we were looking at, but we looked anyway.

It took a while, but we got to SEE the heartbeat.

I can't begin to tell you how awesome it was. For the first time, I am at a loss for words. I scanned the photos in, so take a look.

I wish I knew how to edit photos and point out what you are looking at, but alas, I am unable.

Stay tuned, there will be many more adventures to be had in this thing called pregnancy.

I have been off the grid for the weekend. I am writing a blog to tell you about that, but I figured I would drop this off while I continue to make head way on the other blog.

4 comments:

tangobaby said...

That's so AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your great news... wonderful!

Just Jules said...

Aha! When are wee ones were that--wee-- I used to call them "peanut" because that is exactly what they look like in-utero! You had me holding my breath for a few seconds when you didn't hear anything. Good news though! yeah.

I miss those joys, yet, don't want to repeat them.... I guess four wee ones in five years time will do that to a person!

Just Jules said...

BTW- your letter for the letter game is...a choice between K or I.

calicolyst said...

If I knew how to interpret ultrasounds, I could edit the pictures. But I'll take your word that there is a baby in there.