Today one of those 'events' happened.
This morning was nothing but routine. Wake up, coffee, breakfast, drive to work. It's August in retail. Let the back to school specials begin. When I got to work I was greeted by 15 people waiting to get into the store. This day was shaping up to be the craziest day. With a short staff, and an average transaction time in the 20 minute range, welcome to my life. Grinding out sales from people who have such a tight hold of their money, I can see the imprints of the letters on their hand. People do not want to let go of anything. So thus, this is when I get to do my job. I need to change your perception of what I sell, and get you to part with your precious money. It's tiring work, but rewarding.
Now before you get all mad, I work in sales. I don't sell you something you don't need, because if you return it, I don't get paid, so what's the use of selling something to you that you are going to turn around and return?
But my day was trucking right along when the Blackberry on my hip chimed to life. It was from my good buddy Lou Duk. He was a recent Blog of Note, but I was one of the people who followed him before all that. His e-mail was simple. "you just got blog of note for today no joke"
My heart skipped a beat. I have been secretly in awe of anyone who has been named a Blog of Note. I met some pretty cool people who have been Blog of Note, or through some people who have been Blog of Note. Tangobaby was the first time I reached out to someone else that I didn't know in this vast world of blogs. I surprised at the response I got. She e-mailed me right back and checked my blog out as well. I felt really good. Someone whom I had never met, liked what I wrote to this blog. From there I would read her comments and I met a few other great people. Jules from Just Jules was another person I have met. I have personally helped her with her cell phones [I sell those]. I have also sold a phone to ~K over at Still Breathing.
Some people have come out and found me from Tangobaby. Lou was one of them.
Now that I am a Blog of Note, I feel undeserving. Tangobaby writes a wonderful blog and take some spectacular pictures, Lou is another one of those people who has an eye for photography which I feel I will never have. So as I am sitting back wondering about what the hell Blogger was thinking, I just feel I owe a thank you to those who have read when I wasn't expecting it, commented it when I needed it, and to all the new bloggers who find my little corner of the blogosphere intersting enough to click the follow button, and to all of you who follow, but don't make it publicly known, I still like you.
My statcounter is getting a workout today. Just some quick points.
- This is not just a blog, but also ground zero for my Podcast. You probably have listened to my latest episode and if you would like to follow the podcast in iTunes, just search for 'Throwing Quarters' in the Podcast Library.
- All of the banners and logo's on my blog were created by my wife. If you like what she has done, e-mail her and tell her how awesome it is. If you want to hire her to do some work for you [inexpensive] you can also e-mail her! She loves feedback and creating!
- If you know an unsigned musician, or a musician who is signed to a indie label, please have them e-mail me so I can get them on my Podcast.
- This blog is broadcast from Cleveland, Ohio! Word up to my Cleveland, Ohio fans!
- You will read a lot about my wife, my 7 year old daughter, and my new baby due in less than a month!
- You can follow me on Twitter.
- I like comments, and I like it when you tell your friends.
- The Crazy Lady has been good since posting my blog about her! Thanks for reading that, but she will make another blog, soon.
So, thank you for stopping by and saying hello!