I was told that the reason that wifey has yet to give up this child is because there has been a lack of a baby pool. You know where everyone gets a date on the calendar for $5.00 or some crap. Then 50% of the total contribution goes to the baby and the other half goes to the winner.
Anyway, here is the Throwing Quarters version of this contest.
How to win:
-Place a comment on this post and this post alone with your guess of the baby's arrival. The entry must be in the form of a date AND time. [example: My Manager guessed 8/30/09 at 3:33pm]
-Include your e-mail with your entry. [example: username [at] domain [dot] com OR email@example.com]
-All entries must include your name as well
-winners will be notified by e-mail.
1. You MUST be a follower of this blog. You can use Google Friend Connect and follow publicly, or use the Networked Blogs for Facebook or be a friend of mine on the 20 something blogger community that I have on the side bar.
2. Entry period ends as soon as my wife has gone into active labor [contractions that are 5 minutes apart].
3. Since I moderate comments, you can't see what everyone posts right away, so in the event of a tie [where people guessed the same date AND same time] then there will be multiple prizes given away.
4. If by chance you all pick the same day the tie breaker will go to the time. The winning time will be the closest time to the actual birth WITHOUT going over.
5. Winner[s] will be announced within 24 hours of the actual birth.
6. Only 1 entry per e-mail.
What do you win?
You will be winning a t-shirt from the C.L.E. Clothing Company. The design of the shirt will one of MY choosing.
Good luck and tell your friends. You can stay updated by checking back to the blog, or you can follow me on Twitter as I will be giving updates as the birth takes place. [Before I get hate mail, during the labor and delivery process, there is a lot of downtime for the Dad. At least there was with my first born. So this may give me the opportunity to keep you informed of the progress.]
For those who want more details.
The official due date is 9/1/09. My wife is currently 3cm dilated. She has been experiencing Braxton-Hicks contractions, but has only had 1 substantial contraction 48 hours ago.
Yarn and... teeth.
2 years ago