Friday, January 15, 2010

It's coming

Changing requires planning.  It requires discipline.  It requires forward thinking.  It requires support. 

This week I make a huge change personally.  It has been the source of my seemingly ever ending sour mood.  It has caused me sleepless nights and early mornings.  It has me distracted.

What is it that is changing?  My podcast. 

Since April, my podcast has been a labor of love.  My baby.  I have planned and executed everything on it.  From booking my guests, to reaching out and looking for new ones, I was in charge of it all.

This year it's changing.  This anxiety started after our first meeting on the format.  Kasey and Dan came over and we talked about how and what this whole thing is going to look like, sound like, time tables, etc etc etc.

Planning.

After the meeting I kept going over and over in my head.  Is this right?  Am I sure?  Oh my god this is really happening!  With change comes doubt.  Always doubt.  Keeping my resolve, and having faith in myself that I can guide this process through is something I must do. 

I have no doubt that this is something that is going to happen.  The wheels are in motion.  The ustream feed is set up, but not all the technical bugs are worked out.  The soundbites I want to use are not edited yet.  I. am. freaking. out.

I am sure after this Sunday, it will all go off without a hitch.  The camera will work and provide a picture, but I am still a little sketchy on how it is working.  It seems that I can get it to work one day, but not the next.  The computers webcam works like a champ, but my hand held is a 50/50 shot. 

So needless to say I am a little worried.  I am excited.  I am nervous.

I am giving up a small level of control to make something better.  Let's hope it all works out.

Worst case scenario is that you can hear us but not see us.

After all, this is a radio show first. 

1 comment:

Vodka Logic said...

As it turns out I have Sunday off. When is the podcast and do you have a link to listen/watch it.

Break a leg, I am sure it will be fine.