I woke up this morning and headed off to the bathroom. I sat down at the toilet as I pulled up the New York Times [NYT] on my BlackBerry. I am doing my part by going green and reading the paper on my BlackBerry rather than filling my house with pointless newsprint.
The headline read: 'Obama Awarded Nobel Peace Prize'
My bowels evacuated just as I realized what the Nobel Peace Prize has become, a piece of shit.
I am a proud American who will stand behind his country, but what I don't understand is how they awarded the Nobel Prize to Obama only after 10 months in office. They stated they awarded the Prize to Obama for his, "...for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."
What the hell does that mean? So, they gave him the Prize because he tried really hard? They are awarding his effort, but not the accomplishment? Did he go to the Middle East and give a speech in Cairo? Yes. Did he go overseas and talk to a bunch of people? Yes. But how can they say that his efforts were worthy of such a Prize? How can 10 months in office equate success in diplomacy. It is like he was just inducted into the Hall of Fame after only the 1st quarter of his first game of his rookie year.
So I went to the all knowing oracle and asked it a question. What is the mission of the Nobel Prize? How does one get a Nobel Prize? Wikipedia states the award shall be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."
So has Obama done the "most or best work" for the fraternity between nations? How is it possible?
I think we, and the world, were quick to crucify Bush for his policies and even quicker to award Obama for his without their due vetting process.
We can go back and talk about Bush all we want, but the track that he was on was not all that bad.
Bush wanted to keep the tax cuts for the upper echelons of the income brackets because they are people who employ people. They are people who own businesses. The Democrats voted down that tax break in an effort to share the burden with the rest of the working class. Now the Democrats in Congress are talking about giving tax breaks to small businesses so they can hire more people. Well, if they never voted down the tax break in the first place, maybe we would be on our way to recovery. Way to think that one through Democrats!
Well 12 months later, the democrats have their chosen one in office and the economy is in the tank, still, even after all the money they threw at the problem. All this administration has accomplished was growing the bailouts [that Bush was critisized openly about by the Democratic Congress and fiscal irresponsibility] from $450 billion to $8.2 trillion.
Tell me, how do we save money by spending more money.
Seriously taking financial advice from a Democrat is just like taking investment advice from someone on welfare. I would rather take money advice from a rich Republican than a poor Democrat.
So let's put it together, Obama won a Nobel Prize for his efforts in diplomacy, but not his accomplishments. Obama's accomplishments have been to spend his way into even bigger bailouts to those who have put us into this whole economic disaster.
Obama is printing money which has devalued the dollar everywhere. Foreign countries' entire economies are tied to the value of our dollar, so what is Obama doing? He will kill those countries in the end.
Other notable Nobel Prize winners that didn't deserve it just as much as Obama doesn't now.
1. Jimmy Carter in 2002. Enough said.
2. Al Gore in 2007. Let's sit around and make shit up, then film it. He should give back his Oscar too.
3. Kofi Annan and the United Nations in 2001. They let a tyrant wipe his ass with their resolutions, and he got the prize for not enforcing the policies that are supposed to keep this whole world safe through international cooperation, but in the end, it's just another group that has lost it's purpose. BTW, there isn't even a reason as to why they awarded it to the U.N.
4. Yasser Arafat, Shimon Peres, Yitzhak Rabin for their efforts in to create peace in the Middle East in 1994. We see how well they succeeded. Again, awarding effort and not accomplishments.
5. Mikhail Gorbachev in 1990 for helping bring down the Cold War. Really? Didn't Regan have just as much to do with that as this guy? Wasn't he building it up until he realized that his war machine was just a rusted out Ford Pinto? Oh yeah, Regan was a Republican, they don't promote peace, they just ruin nations. Yeah I forgot. Regan got us out of a recession in the 80's and made us a proud world power again. I forgot, he destroys the world.
There are also notable snubs from the Nobel Prize commitee.
Where is Gandhi on that list? Pope John Paul? Corazon Aquino, the 11th president of the Philippines, and the first woman president elected in an country in Asia, and oh yeah, she re-drafted their Constitution to limit the sweeping powers of the president and restored a democracy in the Philippines. Oh yeah, she doesn't deserve it. Let's give it to Obama who tried really really hard, but as of yet, has accomplished nothing.
Yarn and... teeth.
1 year ago