Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pregnant Pause

" Now that you and Jenn are married you guys need to make babies." -My nephew Pierson, age 6 just 2 hours after I got married on May 17th 2008

Welcome to a new year! Last night the ball dropped, a new year came, and my wife pee'd on a stick. The stick then told us that she was pregnant!

A new year, a new child!

Jenn and I have been trying to get pregnant since June. Yesterday morning we finally got a positive pregnancy test! Jenn and I couldn't be happier!

2008 was a great year and also the most stressful year of our lives. In 2008 Jenn and I got married and anyone who has gotten married or knows someone who has gotten married knows that that in and of itself is stressful. Now besides that, Jenn and I have been working hard to get our credit back in shape to buy our condo. We finally got it all together, but every time we try and close on the condo, something else happens. The economy takes a dump, the IRS made a mistake with my 2006 tax return, and so the story goes. Jenn and I have been trying to get pregnant with no avail and Jenn's school workload was 10x more than she is used to with school. So nothing this year has gone the way that we planned with the exception of our wedding. Even our wedding had a few hiccups, but it went off without a hitch!

The last month of 2008 is like the 18th hole on a golf course. You play like shit the whole game but on the 18th hole, you become Tiger Woods. The 18th hole is what you leave the gold course talking about. The 18th hole is the only hole you'll do well on so you'll come back and play again.

2009 will be a good year. I don't think its the new year optimism talking right now either. Jenn and I are looking for a new place, preferably a house. By happen stance we met a woman who sold homes for a home developer and they have some great specials on new buildings. They are in our price range so we are going to take that opportunity. Jenn is pregnant, and I have been doing well at work so the bosses haven't been on my ass too much so my stress level is at an all time low.

So lift your proverbial glass and toast to a new year!

" Everything happens for a reason." -Norman Greene

No comments: