Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Not sure how I feel

I have been quiet all day. I feel like I have been at a party all night and am working off a hangover. Its like I'm unsure how I feel about the random girl in bed with me, meaning, I'm not sure how I feel about this election.

Obama won. I can't change that. So I have come to the conclusion that I either have to embrace the change or fight it. Fighting it will not help anyone. It will not change the fact that Obama is going to be the President.

I need to be optimistic about this. My sister-in-law said it best. Obama could be the best president in the universe. My older brother took a More pessimistic view. Obama will be lucky to make it to January 20th, which is his inauguration date.

My hope is that Obama keeps his views somewhat centered. I think even he might be a little afraid of having a super majority in the government, and I'm sure he will keep the leftist views centered.

I know blacks, gays, and the poor are happy about this change. What is even more strange is that young professionals are happy about this change, which makes me believe that this change could be what the country could need. I am not going to jump on the Obama support train, but I will not discredit what he has to say just because he doesn't hold all my views. I must remain skeptical.

I am happy to see this change, and I believe in this country to take back the power it gives, if they feel that it isn't serving them.

The democrats have the ball. They are either going to fix this crisis, or they or going to make it worse. They will have the glory, and must share the failure if it comes to that.

I do not feel Obama is going to give us a tax cut. It doesn't add up. You can cut taxes and pay for a $700 billion bail out, on top of Nancy Pelosi's economic stimulus plan totalling $150 million.

Obama can't cut taxes for 95% of the people when only 65% of the country pay taxes.

Nonetheless, Obama can rally people behind a cause that I agree with. Help America.

No comments: